Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Survey time!!

Today's the day folks!! Definitely an Educate ME Tuesday! My dissertation surveys were approved by IRB (Institutional Review Board for Protection of Human Participants)... which basically means they're good to go, and I can start collecting data!

Here is my invitation email that spills the details!

As many of you know, I am currently in my last year of a PhD program at Alliant International University.  I would like to invite you to participate in my dissertation research, which will explore employee perceptions of psychological contracts in the workplace. This research will help organizations identify effective ways to enhance their work environments and motivate their employees.In order to fulfill the requirements to participate, you must work at least part-time (20 hours or more per week), and you must be at least 18 years old.

The research will entail completing an online survey with 84 items, which will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes of your time. Additionally, to compensate your time, I am raffling off a $50 gift card to your choice of Starbucks, Target, AMC Movie Theatres, or Subway.

Furthermore, I would like to ask if you can provide me with names and emails for one to five of your peers you currently work with. Peers would entail any co-workers who you do not oversee or report to. For each peer you list, please indicate the length of time in months/years you have worked with each peer by including it in parentheses next to the peer’s name(s). These individuals will be asked about their perceptions of your behavior in the workplace. These will include actions that are not required or formally expected, but are directed towards helping further the success of your organization (Note: These individuals are not in any way evaluating your performance. All responses will be kept confidential, and will only be used for research purposes.)

If you would like to participate in the current study, please respond by emailing me that: a) you agree to participate in the study; and b) provide one to five names and email addresses for your peers. I will forward you the survey link and further instructions to participate in the  study. I will also contact at least one of your peers for participation in this study.

There it is folks!! I just need 15-20 minutes of your time, and one to five of your peers (co-workers) names and email addresses so I can reach out to him/her for participation as well!

I appreciate all the support from this bloggy blog world, regardless! In honor of keeping the motivation alive.. here are a few inspirational words!!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover