You will never catch me without my winged black eyeliner! Thanks to my gooorl Lauren Conrad, I have found ways to make the winged liner easy peasy (okay cheating with some q-tips). But hey!... Who doesn't use q-tips while putting their make up on?! Check out how easy it is yourself!
I use two eyeliners, one black pencil and one liquid eyeliner. Sounds a bit much, but it doesn't give me the line I want if I only use one vs. the other. Not that I'm an expert like TBD (The Beauty Department) ladies, but here's a brief run through of how I apply my eyeliner:
- I apply the pencil liner first, starting from the inner part of the eyelid close to the lashline, and end it on the other side of my eyelid.
- Then I use the liquid liner to trace over the line I made with my pencil, but this time instead of ending at the edge of my eyelid, I wing it out, just like the video above!
- The pencil liner makes it appear as one solid line... if I only use the liquid liner, the line is too thin and looks a bit shaky, BUT...
- The liquid liner totes make a difference making your eyeliner bold, and it makes a great wing compared to the pencil liner.
The other thing I can't live without is my mascara!! Love me some mascara... sometimes if I'm rushed and only have time for one thing, I'll whip the mascara out (I can apply mascara far better than my eyeliner when I'm in the car!!). And of course, we all know how to apply mascara, and I don't have a routine except coating, coating, and more coating!
The best part of my eyeliner and mascara obsessions is that I don't go broke buying them! My go-to brands for years have been MAC, mark. (on the "to order" list since I last ran out), e.l.f. (who doesn't like dolla makeup?!), and more recently Maybelline.
|1. e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner (Target - $1)|
2. Full 'N Soft Mascara (Target - $8.99)
3. MAC Studio Fix Lash (MAC - $15)
4. MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil (MAC - $15)
|mark. Liquid Eyeliner (mark. - $6.50)|
I've been looking and looking for pics you can see my eyeliner up close and personal, but I really don't have in your face BAM close pictures. So here's my bestie to fill in for me (can you tell I absolutely la la LOVE the 2nd pic, being that I posted it here too?? I think she looks so FAB in that cover!):
What are your must haves when it comes to makeup?
Don't forget to enter the big giveaway going on up in herr? 3 days left my friends, and I can't wait to see who wins the gorg wheatgrass ring!!