Monday, August 6, 2012

Don't Worry Be Happy!

Happy Monday my lovees!! Hope your weekends were swell and honkie dorie! Mine was surely HOT and superb!! Took our doggies to the lake and they had quite a swim and play date with all the other doggies! And now it's Monday again... bright news is it's the FIRST DAY OF FALL CAMP! Football season here we go!!!

Soooo, remember my infamous first vlog post about being PRESENT?! Well I have really been working on that lately, and reminding myself of my lil' message I presented to the bloggy blog world, and it's been going great (so far). Not that every day is perfect... but I've been able to keep my wondering mind to a minimum compared to the usual!

Since that vlog, that topic got my wheels turning, and I was thinking... another thing I really want to work on is being happy. Sounds cliche right? WELP, how many of you guys are people pleasers??? (I know you're secretly raising your eyebrows if not your hands)! I most certainly am. I feel that if everyone else around me is happy, I can be happy! WOMP!!!

I'm slowly but surely learning that this isn't entirely true. You can't help others if you don't help yourself... in other words, I can't make others happy if I'm not happy! And I also can't make others happy if they don't want to make themselves happy! I know you guys are probably thinking... DUH... I coulda told you that! I actually already knew this... it's just some days are clearer than others, and today it's crystal clear to me! This is something I want to work on just as I have been working on being present and in the moment!

What makes me happy??  (singing...) These are a few of my favorite things...


That's what I'll be working on, and I wanted to share that with you since I feel like I'm held more accountable to it when I say it out loud!

Now for my LLL's of the week!!

LOVE
I love that I'm officially 3 days away from being home! YIPPPEEEE!!

LEARN
I learned that it's not others who determine my happiness... I create my own happiness!

LAUGH
I laughed quite a bit on Friday at work... we had our annual golf tournament, and the coaches can relax quite a bit and share a few chukkles, especially when they're out of the office and on the golf course!

5 comments:

BlushnCheeks said...

I must learn to create my own happiness. This is something I have been working on for quite sometime now.I heart "learn" xo

Jess said...

OOOOKKKAAAAY!
I am so proud of you for holding true to your vlog goal :) GET IT GIRL.

And second...UM we are so on the same page! Look at your collage...and look at my Smell the Roses task for next week...:)

LOVE IT! And you, of course!

xoxox

Ese-boos mom said...

PREACH! .....amen. Great sermon sister. Can u be my twin?

Ese-boos mom said...

PREACH! .....amen. Great sermon sister. Can u be my twin?

Anonymous said...

Love this post :) Sometimes you say exactly what I am feeling or need to hear! xox

Pin It button on image hover