Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Weekend!


This weekend, I tried to stay outdoors as much as I could stand because (a) it was oh so gorg outside and (b) I don't know how much longer this heat and sunshine will last :/ I saw the weather forecast for next week, and saw temp's in the 70's! High or low 70's... I don't care! I like this 80-90 degree weather and I do NOT want it to creep away!

Anyhoots, being outside with the doggies gave me plenty time to think... think about how excited I am for my future and for change that will soon be approaching for my hubs and I! As I strolled through a beautiful neighborhood with adorbs houses made of red brick walls, the thought I used to have of "one day we'll be on one of those homes" was more like, "I can sense our own home coming closer than I can imagine!"

A sense of overwhelming happiness came over me this weekend... happy to be where I am today, and happy that I finally closed the chapter of my education... happy that I'll be working for a company I love (once I start getting calls back), and happy that a change is gon' come! Guess my happiness is on a roll, if you can remember from this post!

A few more things to be happy about... my LLL's of the week!

LOVE
I love that I was able to successfully go through a day last week without complaining (shout out to my gooorl Jessica for the idea, and to Lindsay for the reference of this awesome site!). It really took some effort to not complain even about the small things like what was for din din, but man... an experience I am willing to invest more time in!

LEARN
I learned to be more patient with myself... in job hunting, and in life!

LAUGH
I had a good laugh when it started to rain on Thursday evening... a nervous laugh that is! In the middle of our awesome possom summer weather?? REALLY?!

What were your LLL's of the week?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you live? That weather sounds amazing right now!!




www.studentswife.com

Molly said...

I love that feeling of just being happy in the space you're in. That was actually my goal for 2011 and I really feel like I accomplished it.

Good job you for not complaining! I feel like the world decided it was "Make Molly's Life Hard Week" and there was some definite complaining.

his little lady said...

i love this LLL. how clever!
and i definitely learned this week to never go in with high expectations about things. you just have to roll with the punches.
xo TJ

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

THAT is a perfect photography road.

Sigh.

Melissa said...

Love your gratitude and happiness! I'm your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

I need to do a day of no complaining! I bet it's a good experience :) and I love your house thought - so sweet! Hope you had a good weekend girl! xox

Brittany said...

Wow, the weather sounds awesome!

Bree said...

Gorgeous picture!! I can't wait until it cools off here so I can go on walks outside. :))

Hope you're having a great start to your week! <33

Simone @ Busy as a Honey Bee said...

So gla you at so happy! It's grea having that feeling of completion and accomplishment! That I th best f all... I gues besides being married to your best friend!

Great post!
-Simone @ busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover