Thursday, October 18, 2012

Soup for the Soul

I've really been pushing my limits this week... getting around to a DIY project with the pumpkins, and today, I'm sharing a new recipe I tried last night that was out of control scrummy in our tummy!

Although the sun has been glistening half of Tuesday and all day yesterday, it's still in the low 60's and even colder in the early morning and evening times! Since the summer heat has simmered down, I've been craving nothing but HOT food! And what's hotter than a big pot of steaming soup?!

I snatched this recipe from one of my fave online recipe websites introduced to me by a gal pal of mine called skinnytaste.com! I haven't shared the deets of my story with you all, but I've been a Lifetime Weight Watchers member for years! So the fact that ALL of these recipes have weight watcher points calculated in them makes me just swoon! This particular recipe was super easy, with basic ingredients, and it didn't take long at all! You can find the Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe here.



The ingredients basically consists of tons of veggies, chicken, and herbs! After boiling, simmering, and whisking... ta da! It actually looks like SOUP!

There's also a recipe for garlic cheddar biscuits that's on skinnytaste.com that would be superb with this soup, but I opted for less cooking that day, and bought some sourdough bread bowls from the supermarket. I loved how they had an easy cut-out middle that was outlined in the bread bowl, which you can see in the "before" picture below. I took a knife and cut along the lines, and it just scooped right out!

What are your comfort recipes for the fall? Have any good recipe sites that you use? Do share!
Photobucket

5 comments:

henning love said...

soups in a bread bowl is my favorite thing ever! i always order it when i go to panera bread and yes even in the summer why because they keep the restaurant freezing cold inside and soup is a great choice! will be making this soup for sure

Amy said...

i LOVE breadbowl soups, and i haven't had one in ages...i might be making this soup this weekend, looks delicious!

jami lynn said...

Isn't Skinnytaste the best?! I've pinned this recipe. A lot of talk about Fall lately has given me a mean craving for a creamy soup in a bread bowl. This one looks like a winner - thanks for sharing!

meandmr.com said...

Okay this looks yummy! I want to make it!
-meandmr.com

Sincerely, Kinsey said...

These look so delicious! I love bread bowls :)

Thanks for sharing!

Kinsey

Pin It button on image hover