Monday, October 29, 2012

Get your motors runnin'

Happy Monday FUNday!! Hope you all had a fantab weekend! Hubs and I had some superb QT this weekend... after all it was our first weekend alone in awhile, thanks to him not traveling to our away game in WA.

During our weekend adventure, we ran into a Harley Davidson exhibit! I loveeee seeing Harleys lined up in a row... even if it's in the middle of a mall!

ANY time I see or hear a Harley, I immediately think of my Pops! He's a true biker at heart... has been riding way before my time, and to this day! I remember when I was little, he used to bungee cord me to his back while I sat on the back of his Harley for a long ride on the freeway! When he leaned to turn the bike, I would lean too (sometimes too much, which he would yell back to me to relax on the leaning!)... When he put his arm up to signal a right or left hand turn, I would copy him and put my arm up too (I got so good at signaling that he would promote me to give the signal alone!)... Before taking off on a ride, we would sing Born to be Wild getting ourselves pumped, especially while singing, "Get chya motors runninnnn.... HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAYYYY..." Ohhhh the good ol' days with the Red Rooster! 

I used to loveeee seeing my dad's friends line up all their Harleys in front of the house... in front of work... in front of wherever we were!


See that my friends...That's the Red Rooster... the 1969 Police Special Harley my Pops built from scratch! If I only inherited his motorcycle specialty skills!

NOW... my LLL's of the week!

LOVE
I love the QT I get with my hubs... I cherish every moment I spend with him as if we were first dating back in college!

LEARN
I learned that a true Beaver Believer goes through the high's and the low's with the Beavs... even through our depressing loss against the Huskies on Saturday, which broke our winning undefeated streak. BUT we shall redeem ourselves this weekend at the home game!

LAUGH
I thought it was hysterical when I was trying to explain a joke to my husband... to a point that he didn't even understand the words coming out of my mouth because I was laughing SOOO hard! Hence my tweet...

What were your LLL's of the week?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jo said...

Few things sound as good as a Harley!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

So cool! My uncle used to own a motorcycle repair shop. Way back when we were kids, we would take my cousin and I on the test drives when the work was done. I'm sure that was dangerous and probably breaking all sorts of rules, but whatever. It was fun! I loved afternoons that I would spend at the shop!

Jess said...

This is awesome! One of my Granddads used to ride Harleys allll the time. Except my mom would never let my brother & I ride with him...haha! But to this day I still love any kind of motorcycle. I've been on a few and I just love it. And that is A-DORABLE that he let you do the signals yourself :)

xo

Amy said...

Ahhh motorcycles, LOVE THEM! i've always wanted to own one!

henning love said...

wowie all of those harleys lined up are super cool!

Pin It button on image hover