Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday FUNday!

Hope you all had a fantab weekend! It surely went by fast for me... lots of dissertation work, work-work, cleaning, runs to Costco, Target, Trader Joes, and some!

I also had a chance to work on my first DIY arts and crafts project. It was inspired by Jenn from Ruffled Sunshine I found on Pinterest (big surprise... told you guys I'm addicted to pinning). It was tons of fun, and something that is completely useful in my closet :)

Supplies (you know you have some type of doo-dad listed below in your home!):
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Shelving Paper or Construction Paper
  • Empty Oatmeal Box
  • Candle Stand (I used an old votive and flipped it!)
Here's the before:




And after:



I covered the lid with felt that I cut and hot glued to fit the circle, BUT I did't end up using it... I had big chunky headbands that didn't fit, so I stuck them in the back like so:


Hope you can make your Monday a FUNday, and find the inner artist we all have inside ourselves :)


4 comments:

MeehSheen said...

That's super cute & creative!

Bev said...

Thanks suga! Try it... today... NOW lol

systerrrr said...

LA LA LOVE... Now make me one! lol... Wait I don't own any head bands what else would I use it for?

Bev said...

LOL.. like I told Sheen... it fits bobby pins inside.. scrunchies inside... and hats!!

Pin It button on image hover