This week I revisited our budget we have set, and discovered how real it is becoming. We are not using a wedding coordinator, which means it's all up to us.... the timing, decorating for the ceremony and the reception, investing time for all the DIY's we'll be indulging in, researching all vendors by email and phone since we're far from a canoe ride to Maui... the whole shabang! Luckily we have wonderful family and friends to help us get through these things... one at a time!
So what's in the bag already??
1. We confirmed the house for the week... which the wedding party and our parents will be housed AND the ceremony and reception will be held
2. We're getting the groomsmen's' shirts made from our wonderful family in Samoa (thanks to MIL)!
More to come with planning and researching on:
- Invitations (hope to be done in February)
- Caterer (almost confirmed with one in Maui)
- DJ or Band
- Photographer (we have a great gal in Maui we're ALMOST confirmed with)
- Videographer (if it's in our budget!)
- Wedding Dress Shopping
- BM's Dress Shopping
Any tips? Suggestions? Bring it on my friends :)