As I go through this phase of statistical analysis, I'm digging through notes and lecture slides from my first year of graduate school 5 years ago (yes... don't judge me on how long it's taking to finish this lovely PhD)! I thought it would be wise to share with you all some tips that I did follow to make things manageable, as well as some tips I wish I had followed to help make things more accessible and organized! So listen up... whether you're in undergrad or graduate school!
- Each semester/term, save ALL notes sent electronically in a separate folder. I created a folder for each semester in my email (i.e. "Fall 2012"). This includes lecture slides, handouts, or syllabi.
- Buy a separate folder for each class you have, and store all printed documents in here.
- Whether you take notes directly on your power point slides (which I highly recommend) or on separate notebook paper, keep all notes filed in this folder with other documents.
- Keep all quizzes, exams, and labs.. these are KEY to important information you may utilize later on.
- Keep all text books if you are able to get by without selling them back... these have been great resources for my dissertation!