Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wedding Lessons - Guest Post



Hello to Beverly’s lovely readers. My name is Molly and I blog over at Carry Your Heart With Me. I am so excited to be guest blogging for Beverly while she is in fabulous Hawaii getting married. I love weddings, and can’t believe it has been almost nine months since I walked down the aisle. I married my high school sweetheart in late September at my parent’s gorgeous lake house. I want to share a few pictures, and also what I learned from the whole experience. 






Lesson # 1= Really cute dogs make wedding pictures even better. 



I wore these for 45% of my wedding day





I am in love with this picture and used it for our Christmas cards.  





 Lesson # 2
Don't be afraid to DIY. I make those Mr. and Mrs. signs using cheap wooden frames and letters from Hobby Lobby. They were super cute and now are hanging in our new house. All the DIY's made it feel so much more special and individual to Lane and me. 



I made these cake toppers using scrabble tiles and lolly-pop sticks from Hobby Lobby. They were adorable and allowed us to personalize our TEN cakes. Which brings us to: 

Wedding Lesson #3
Look for options that may not be geared toward weddings. There is an amazing bakery in Atlanta called Southern Sweets. Their weddings cakes were a little out of budget, but it was super reasonable to just order ten of their cakes. This allowed us to have eight different kinds of cake and also an assortment of really cute cake toppers. 



Wedding Lesson # 4
Be Happy! Plenty of things can go wrong at your wedding. To list a few at mine: the caters forgot the wine at first, the laptop with music for cocktail house was missing its power cord, it poured rain all day Friday, and to top it all off I sliced my finger open about ten minutes into taking pictures after the ceremony. However, I barely remember those things. What I remember is the look on Lane's face when I came down the aisle. I remember the excitement I felt arriving at the reception. I remember the joy I felt when everyone told me how much the wedding felt like us. I believe that what is important to you as a couple should be reflected in your wedding. 

I am so thrilled for Beverly and her handsome groom.  If you want to here more about me, come stop by my blog and say hello. I blog about decorating my new house, life as an Army Wife, my obsession with Kate Middleton, and the search for the perfect job. 

3 comments:

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Aww so cute... I totally agree with your wedding tips, especially #4... I've been married for a little over a year and there were so many things at the time that could have caused me to stress out but they didn't and I couldn't even begin to tell you what they were!!! Your pics are gorgeous & Congratulations Beverly!!!

<3 Melissa
http://scribble-n-dash.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

A new follower - Have a great day!Gorgeous pics!

BlushnCheeks said...

Aww, such great wedding photos. Im an army wife too, its pretty tough. This is the first time I have ever seen anyone in a kilt, beside William Wallace. Damn that movie was sad. I hope Beverly is having a fantastic time and I cant wait to see her pictures either. I have been married 19yrs. and I think your tips are spot on.

Pin It button on image hover