Monday, June 4, 2012

Change is gon' come!

Happy Monday FUNday! I hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend! Mine was spent prepping for my final defense, so if you remember please send some positive vibes on my way today ;)


I've been thinking about my blog a lot more than ever lately... what joy is has brought me to speak non-English with made up words that EVERYONE on here understands... what a filter it is for me to talk about the ups and downs in my life (more so UP's b/c I'm trying to stay positive!)... and just how much the blogging community has been so supportive in life!


So, I've made a few minor changes... some you may have already noticed, and others not until now! I now have an official blogging notebook... which was briefly introduced to you guys Friday! Other changes? Read on!


:: one ::
I took off my "Weekly Postings" which mapped out my themes of the week. The reason I took it off was because in the beginning I really needed a foundation... a template, so to speak, to guide me through each day's post. Now that I'm getting a hang of blogging (I'm so not an expert, but I would consider myself to be Intermediate), I don't want to worry about following a certain theme on a particular day.

:: two ::
I also removed the "Bloglovin" page, which listed some of my fave reads. The thing is my list is getting longer and longer as time ticks tock away! I love following new blogs I just discover, and for that reason, there's such a diverse list that can only be kept maintained through my reading lists on Blogger and Bloglovin!

:: three ::
I would like to start a new series of posts based on my blog title, la la Love, Learn, and Laugh. This title has so much meaning to me...probably a longggggggggg post kinda meaning. But, the overall gist of it is no matter what happens in my life, good or bad, there is ALWAYS time that I need to stop with the daily chaos to LOVE someone or something, to LEARN from others and myself, and to LAUGH from my gut! With that said, I want to take one day of the week to reflect on what I la la LOVED, LEARNED, and LAUGHED about from the previous week! I'm going to refer to these weekly posts as my "LLL's" of the week! 

I shall kick off the series today with my LLL's from this past week:

LOVE

I love the unexpected visit we had with our neighbors/good friends. Being around their loving family who laughed from the gut just like my family does made me love and appreciate them even more!

LEARN


I learned that if my chair has enough confidence in my dissertation work, I should have just as much confidence (if not more) in myself and my research!

LAUGH


I literally LOL'd in my dream that it woke me up and I couldn't stop laughing in bed! My dreams don't make sense at all, and I know it won't be funny to you... BUT I was laughing so hard I was crying. I asked for a pair of sandals, and my cousin brought me two different types of sandals of the SAME foot that weren't even my size!! I guess it was a gut-laugh for me because it's typical of him and seemed so real.

There you have it!! Feels so good to share em with you all! Who knows... maybe one day I'll create a link up for everyone to share their LLL's!

Don't forget!! Today is the last day for the 100-follower giveaway I started up last week! The winner shall be announced tomorrow :)

8 comments:

Laura said...

A little change is always good! I removed my favorite blog reads too - just too many to keep adding to the list. Thank God for Bloglovin'! Now, if we could get everyone else to join...

BlushnCheeks said...

I dont do bloglovin, I should look into this.. I love this idea of a link up for LLL. Although not sure Im capable of learning at least one thing a week. My brain is like a frozen tart some days. HA

Allison Taylor said...

I like the changes! Changes are good. Congrats on reaching 100 followers!

haha I've never woken up laughing in my dream, but that's hilarious!

Unknown said...

good luck on your defense! hope it goes well :)

have a lovely week.

Jess said...

Gotta keep things FRESSSSHHHH yeah?!
I feel so free now that I don't follow a weekly schedule...it's awesome!

Stoked for your new series sweet thaaaang :)

xo

Anonymous said...

You should do a link up for your lOVE/LEARN/laugh! I think it's such a cute name with a great meaning!!

Unknown said...

Change is never easy so good for you girl! Congrats on 100! I look forward to keeping up with your adventures

xo Shnae

Britni Alexis said...

This would be such an awesome link up idea! Love it!!

Pin It button on image hover