Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More Birthday la la LOVE

Happy Tuesday to all you lovely peeps!! Hope you had a fatabulous weekend, especially if you had yesterday off for Veteran's Day! Our weekend was superb even though Hubs had to work on his birthday yesterday, but it still turned out a success. Mondays are his busiest day, so we didn't get to hang at all. BUT I did get to see his face a few times yesterday. In the morning, he woke up to a room full of balloons...

I took him a pick-me-up from Starbucks and a box of cake pops I made (which were delish I must say!). I made 30 funfetti cake pops with white and dark chocolate and sprinkles...

And we ended the night with din din after he got off from work, which wasn't until 8pm. But HEY! Time I get to see his face is time I cherish, so it was superb!

All the celebrating got me thinking... who makes up the rules as to which birthday years are the "big" ones?? Each year should be a big one, don't you think? Each year is another blessing of life... another chance to make a difference in our world... another opportunity to be in the presence of our families and loved ones. Each birthday is a special and BIG one in my opinion! So celebrate like there's no tomorrow each and every year! Which leads me to another birthday shout out... 

Happy birthday to my sweet sister Nadine who has the most honest, true, funny, and caring characteristics than any other woman I know! 

How do you celebrate birthdays? Any fun DIY's? Any baking?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aw happy birthday to your husband and your sister!
Those cake pops do look delicious.

Amy said...

Happy Birthdays all around!!!! :) :) :)
Loving the cake-pops you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your hubby and sister!!! How did you get your cake pops to come out so perfect? mine are always funky looking! yummy but not pretty! lol hope you are having a great week! xox

Jo said...

Well I hope they both had great birthdays ... from the looks of it they did.

Mmh cake pops look good, you know I've never tried making those.

We tend to make a big fuss of the kids birthdays but not so much of our own.

Pin It button on image hover